How to Test the Hard Drive Using “SMART” in HP Desktop?
As a user of HP computer, if you want to use the SMART hard disk drive device tests, then you can do it on your own with the following steps given below. In addition, when SMART is enabled, the SMART status check for all hard disk drives is automatically performed every time the computer is turned on or restarted. You can perform a SMART Short Self-Test and a SMART Extended Self-Test.
To use the BIOS SMART test, complete the following steps:
· Open your computer and start it with its simple steps. Start the computer.
· Now, you have to use one of the methods given below to enter the BIOS Setup utility:
1. Press F10 key, in case your computer was built in 2006 or later. Here, you may have to press the key continuously, till the BIOS Setup utility screen launches.
2. Press F1 key, in case the computer was built before 2006. Here, it may be required to press the key recurrently, till a BIOS Setup Utility screen opens.
· In the next step, you are required to use the arrow keys in order to select a recognized hard disk drive device in the list and then press “Enter”
· Further, choose “SMART” and press “Enter”
· Choose, one choose one of the following hard disk drive device tests:
1. SMART Status Check: Checks the status of the hard disk drive SMART status. Displays whether SMART support is enabled or disabled.
2. SMART Short Self-Test: Runs a short self-test on the hard disk drive.
3. SMART Extended Self-Test: On the hard disk, you have to run an Extended self-test. It might be time taken.
· Now, you have to press Enter in order to start the test.
· Hereafter, the test will start and the status displays.
· At last, simply press Esc once the test is finished.
We are not only offering live technical support for HP users but also we are providing 100 % guarantee of complete satisfaction in very affordable charges. We offer remote technical support services as per HP customer’s requirements and demands. Dial HP Customer Service |1833-430-6109| for any tech help.